Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Break of DAWN!!

Leah was telling me the other day that they've run into a few items like dishes and silverware that are completely black. Her hope was to scrub at them until they were clean again and could be used. They tried using oxiclean. They tried using baking soda. They tried laundry detergent. Nothing seemed to be working until they broke out the Dawn dish soap. When I asked Leah how it worked for them her response was, "I have to write the company, Crystal! It's literally eating off the soot and fire marks!"
The Abbotts are taking numerous lessons from this experience, not the least of which is that Dawn is a handy thing to have around!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to let you know that I donated some money to help you. My son was out delivering pizzas and saw the sign for your blog. He called me immediately. I've been wondering whatever happened with the house fire that I'd heard about. I'm so sorry you have to go through this trial. Last August I was diagnosed with breast cancer and have been through quite a bit these last 9 months. Something I've learned is that people really want to help. I've been showered with help and love and I guess this just gives me a way to pay that back a little bit. Hope things look up for you soon.

    Take Care,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind of you to be thinking of others especially when you clearly have so much going on yourself. Thanks so much for your generosity!

    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete