Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Collecting Continues!

Oh my what a day! I've been on my feet all day long today, and I'm so happy to have an excuse to post so I can sit down!

Leah and I went yard-saling, or more accurately yard-dregging, where we picked up all of the remains of some local yard sales. (Leah did this all while suffering with an abscessed tooth. She's one tough cookie!) We were asking for the dregs, the leftovers, the discarded, bound-for-DI items that nobody else wanted. Lest you think that means you shouldn't come to my yard sale in a few weeks, let me assure you we found some decent stuff.

Some of the dregs were about what you'd expect; cassette tapes and their accumulated dust from the last 20 years, books that everyone already owns, small appliances that I couldn't identify because I don't think they've been used since my Grandma's time. You know what I'm talking about.

But we also found some stuff that I was pretty pleased with. Three sets of golf clubs, tvs, computer monitors, and furniture like shelves, tables, and a bed frame. There were also the fun rare finds like some cute unused designer decor--complete with matching paint, some fun copper cookware, and some really unique children's books of rhymes and fairy tales. Now those were just the things I thought were fun and interesting. If you ask my husband I'm sure he'd give you a whole different list of what was worthwhile in the loads we brought in!

It was a lot of work and it took us all day long to get that much. So seriously, anything anyone wants to contribute to the cause would be wonderful. My feet will thank you! (Unless feet gross you out. Then we'll just leave them out of it.)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Wish I could be there to help out with the sale! Good luck and thanks again for everything you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete