Thursday, May 21, 2009

Donations Donations!

Today was an extremely generous day from friends and neighbors. Even those of you who are strangers get to be classified as friends now! :)

The donations are coming in, both for the yard sale and through the blog. Today brought us $200 closer to our goal!

I'm still looking for anything that people might be getting rid of that I could sell. All proceeds will go to the Abbotts. You can contribute in a few different ways:

1) If you hold your own yard sale donate whatever you don't sell to me for my own yard sale.

2) Clean out those closets, garages, etc. Bring any and all unwanted items you have to me. Please leave information regarding what kind of shape appliances, electronics, etc are in. When people ask me questions about how something works I want to have something to tell them before they buy it.

3) You can also donate freshly baked goods (to be dropped off the night before)

4) I'm going to be holding a silent auction at the yard sale for services or skills. I've already got a few people willing to donate their skills that people can then bid on. The highest bid wins! If you have a special talent or skill that you'd be willing to donate to the cause just let me know.

5) Too many pennies? Bring them to my yard sale and unload them on the Abbotts! There will be a donation money jar out for whatever loose change you might need to get rid of.

6) And of course it will be a yard sale with great deals so feel free to come and check out whatever treasures you might find!

As of now I'm looking at doing the yard sale June 26th and 27th. As the date gets closer I'll be able to say for sure how firm that is. But for now it gives us something to shoot for.

Thanks so much for all of the generosity and support you've all given. It's been a huge help for Tom and Leah and Chad, and it's super exciting to be a part of!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Crystal,
    A service I can donate is teaching someone how to coupon shop and save an average of 50% - 80% on their grocery bills.
    Also, plan on me donating some treats. I'll try to see what I can clean out of my closets for the garage sale.

    Sarah Weiss

    ReplyDelete